Talking Mental Fitness With Midget-Age Players
The GTHL and Movember have teamed up to tackle mental fitness. On Saturday, October 27, the Movember Foundation will be on site at Westwood Arena, providing mental fitness resources for Midget-age players and bench staff. Each player will also receive a ballot to fill out for their chance to win one of three $100 gift cards to Pro Hockey Life.
Midget-Age Movember Contest
Not everyone can grow facial hair, but that doesn’t mean you can’t participate in Movember’s famous facial hair-focused campaign. The GTHL is encouraging Midget-age players to partake in Movember by growing facial hair (if they can) for their chance to win Boston Pizza gift cards for their entire team. Here’s how it works:
- Have one or multiple players on your team grow out their facial hair throughout the month of November
- Post photos on Twitter or Instagram by November 30, 2018 with the hashtag #GTHLMovember
- The winning team will be randomly selected and contacted at the end of November
Ahead of the Game Campaign
For the second straight year, the GTHL has partnered with the Movember Foundation and Babsocks for the Ahead of the Game fundraising initiative. The program raises money for both your team and the Movember Foundation. If you’re not familiar with the program, here’s how it works:
1. Your team sells Movember Babsocks to raise money for mental fitness programs in the GTHL
2. The highest selling team wins a practice with Mike Babcock
3. $5 from each pair sold goes back to your team
Click here to learn more about the Ahead of the Game campaign.
Mental Fitness resources are available year-round on the GTHL website. Click here to learn more.