The Greater Toronto Hockey League is pleased to announce the formation of the Under-21 program for the 2021-2022 season. The GTHL is seeking to re-introduce this level as a way for graduating minor hockey players to remain in competitive organized hockey in a fun environment.
The key elements of the U-21 program include:
- The program will be classified as Under 21 “A”.
- Body-checking will not be permitted.
- Game format will be two 15-minute periods followed by an intermission, with a third 15–minute period to conclude the contest.
- The majority of the schedule will be played on Sundays. Reduced practice schedules are highly recommended.
- The League will strive to keep game locations as central as possible and consistent from week-to-week.
The GTHL is currently exploring other playing opportunities with Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) members and partners to keep graduating players in the game by working together to create tournaments and championships. Players and families with interest in this program are encouraged to reach out to their clubs.