Fifty-three GTHL graduates will start their hockey season on an NHL roster. Twenty-four of the 31 NHL teams have at least one GTHL grad on their opening night roster, with the reigning Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues and hometown Toronto Maple Leafs dressing the most with five GTHL alumni apiece. All 12 GTHL “AAA” Clubs have at least one graduate on an NHL roster.
The full list includes three first overall picks (John Tavares, Jack Hughes, and Connor McDavid), along with twenty-eight first-round NHL Draft picks. With the exception of Anthony Cirelli (Tampa Bay Lightning) and Andrew Mangiapane (Calgary Flames), all players born 1995 participated in at least one GTHL Top Prospects, Powered by Under Armour game.
By the Numbers:
- The Toronto Marlboros have the most graduates on NHL rosters with 16
- The list includes three team captains (Connor McDavid, Alex Pietrangelo, and Mark Giordano
- More than half of the GTHL grads in the NHL were selected in the first round of the NHL draft
- The oldest GTHL grad on an NHL roster is Jason Spezza (Toronto Maple Leafs) at 36-years-old
- The youngest GTHL grad on an NHL roster is Jack Hughes (New Jersey Devils) at 18-years-old
Click here for the full list of GTHL grads in the NHL.