GTHL Policies and Forms
Choose from the options below. Use the sidebar to navigate form categories.
- GTHL Player Registration Fee Guide
Information on the GTHL Player Registration Fee, including details on the cost, payment process, policies and FAQ.
- Harassment, Abuse, Bullying and Misconduct Policy AND GTHL Screening Policy
The GTHL is committed to promoting positive behaviour in hockey and providing a sport environment in which all individuals are treated with respect.
- Head Injuries and Concussions
The GTHL believes that the participant’s safety and health is paramount and should be first and foremost in determining the most appropriate time in which a player may return to play once that individual has suffered a suspected or identified head injury.
- Concussion Medical Assessment/Diagnosis Template
From Parachute’s Canadian Guideline on Concussion in Sport
- Player Billeting – Hockey Canada Resource Package
Hockey Canada guidelines and details on player billeting for team administrators, host families and players; includes forms and information for short-term (ie. tournaments, exchanges) and season-long billeting.
- Policy on Review of Video
If a Team wishes to submit video for review, the following procedure must be followed:
- Deliver to the League office a copy of the video in its entirety, a deposit of $250, a copy of the Game Sheet, and a statement outlining what penalty is being appealed which is signed by the General Manager or President of that Team’s Club
- The submission takes place within 5 business days of the game being played.
- A Guide to the GTHL Appeal Process
Information for players, parents, volunteers, administrators and clubs.
- Helmet Policy for Team Officials and Volunteers
Each Team Official, volunteer and NCCP Instructor under the jurisdiction of the GTHL will be required to wear a C.S.A. approved helmet during all on-ice activities.
- Responsibilities of Coaching Staffs in Arenas
Brief points to assist coaches in avoiding any problems and lead to providing a positive relationship throughout the hockey season.
- Inclement Weather Policy
Any decision relating to the cancellation of games will be made by 3 p.m. on a weeknight or two hours prior to the commencement of the League game on a weekend.
- GTHL Confidentiality Statement
This confidentiality statement is written in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code (1990), which prohibits the discrimination of all people on a number of protected grounds: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, and disability.
- GTHL Dressing Room Policy
With the support of the Ontario Hockey Federation, the Greater Toronto Hockey League will proactively work to ensure that all dressing room spaces and procedures are safe, inclusive, and equitable by anticipating and removing barriers that prohibit the inclusive participation of any and all players.
- OHF Policy on Dressing Room Supervision
OHF regulations when any player under age 18 is in the team dressing room before, during and after a game, practice or tryout. In Juvenile or Under-21 hockey, the coach may use an adult player over age 19 to be the second adult associated with the team.
- Hockey Canada Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
The following is the policy of Hockey Canada with respect to co-ed dressing.
- GTHL Social Media Policy
Guidelines for social media use for teams and coaches associated with the GTHL
- Development 1 – Interim Head Coach Policy
The interim policy outlines how the GTHL will approve Head Coaches to teams that are not in compliance with the GTHL coaching requirements at various points in the season due to unforeseen circumstances.
- GTHL Policy on Team Names and Logos
The following policy is adopted and will apply to team names, logos, insignia, and designs
- Policy for Players 8 and Under Playing Up
Outlines the policy surrounding players 8 years of age and under playing up an age group
- House League Signing Officer/Affiliation Form
Submit by June 30 of each year.
- Rep Authorized Signing Officers Form
Submit by June 30 of each year.
- Exhibition Game Application Form
Submit for any GTHL team traveling outside the GTHL boundaries.
- Team Affiliation Form
Submit by November 15 of each season.
- Team Official Commitment Form
The League will begin accepting these forms on January 15.
- IIHF Tour Application
Submit for incoming and outgoing OHF tours.
- Tournament and Exhibition Game Sheet Submissions
Submit within seven business days of tournament or exhibition game completion.
- Complaint Intake Form
File a formal complaint with the GTHL. Document includes definitions of complaints.
PLAYER REGISTRATION AND TRANSFER FORMS
- Lake Ontario Region Permission to Skate Form
Required for Minor Bantam to Midget Players only (Midget AAA excluded), changing members (i.e. GTHL to OMHA or OMHA to GTHL)
- Permission to Skate Form (Junior Hockey)
Permission to skate form for OHA (junior hockey)
- Lake Ontario Region Regulations
The new Regulations come into effect for the 2017-18 season, including the AAA, AA and A tryouts which can begin on April 10, 2017.
- Lake Ontario Region FAQs
Frequently asked questions and player scenarios
- 2019-20 OHF Residential Move Transfer form
Submit to registrar of the OHF Member Partner where the player is moving from.
- Hockey Canada Written Transfer – U.S. Citizens Letter of Approval
Required for player transfers from USA Hockey to Hockey Canada.
- IIHF Under-18 Player Transfer Application Letter of Approval
Required for international transfer of players under 18 years of age.
- IIHF Unlimited Transfer Card Request
Required for player transfers from one country to another national association.
- Hockey Canada Notice to Appeal Form
Submit to Branch Office along with other required forms.
- Inter-Branch Transfer Application
Required for player transfers from one province to another province.
PLAYER AND LIABILITY INSURANCE FORMS
- Hockey Canada Concussion Card – Return to Play Steps
Educational information and return to play protocol for concussions.
- GTHL Concussion Policy
Required when returning from injury (ie. concussions or suspected head injuries).
- Hockey Canada Guide – Safety Requires Teamwork & Safety For All
Read the Hockey Canada Risk Management & National Insurance Programs and learn more about bullying, harassment and abuse.
- Hockey Canada Accident Insurance – Claims Process
Learn the steps to follow to submit an accident insurance claim with Hockey Canada.
- Hockey Canada Accident Insurance – When Am I Covered?
Learn about when you are covered by the Hockey Canada insurance policy.
- Hockey Canada Injury Report
Injury Report forms, completed in their entirety, MUST be received by GTHL Office within 90 days of incident date. Only ORIGINAL receipts/invoices are acceptable.
- Hockey Canada Accident Insurance Benefits Fact Sheet
Find out what Hockey Canada accident insurance benefits DO NOT COVER.
- Hockey Canada Accident Insurance – U.S. Travel
Check with Branch prior to planning travel to ensure proper sanctions and approvals.
- Hockey Canada Insurance Program – Safety Requires Teamwork
Learn about coverage in a broad overview of the Hockey Canada Insurance Program.
- Hockey Canada Non-Sanctioned Leagues Policy
Learn more about the consequences of supporting or participating in a non-sanctioned league.
- Hockey Canada Insurance Program – FAQ
Learn more about the Hockey Canada Insurance Program.
- OHF Hockey Team Travel Insurance Information
Learn about insurance options for teams travelling outside of Ontario.
- OHF Insurance Guide
Learn about the insurance program, sanctioning and dry-land training guidelines.
- “Hold Harmless” and Facility Lease Agreements
Read about a clause that transfers financial responsibility from one entity to another.
- OHF Certificate of Insurance Request Form
Required when renting ice for game(s), practice(s) or tournament(s), and when booking meeting/facility rooms for team/club functions (ie. special events, fundraisers, dry-land training). For a step-by-step guide on how to complete the form, please click here.