The GTHL works with the Hockey Development Centre of Ontario to provide trainer certification and re-certification to coaches. The HDCO holds courses for certification at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Trainers play an important role in ensuring players are prepared for participation and in tending to injuries when they occur.
A trainer in the GTHL you must complete all of the following:
- Hockey Trainers Certification Program
- Respect in Sport (Activity Leader) online course
- Transgender Inclusiveness Training
The Hockey Trainers Certification Program has three levels:
- Level 1: Minimum certification required for all GTHL coaches.
- Level 2: Can be obtained by individuals who have a current Level 1 and current Standard First Aid certification from a valid provider Note: Medical professionals and emergency services employees are eligible for an upgrade if proper documentation is provided to the GTHL. Please forward a copy of your professional affiliation to email@example.com
- Level 3: Advanced program, providing the participant the opportunity to enhance their skill and knowledge level. Must be a current certified Level 2 trainer to be eligible.
Click here for more information and to register.
Greater Toronto Hockey League
Hockey Development Centre of Ontario
There are a number of important resources available outside of coursework. Use the links below to access important information and documents that will help you make the game safer for all involved.
HOCKEY TRAINERS RESOURCES: