The GTHL Is Looking For a New Teammate
The GTHL is hiring a Coordinator, Hockey Development and Community Outreach. As a key member of the staff reporting to the Manager, Development and Membership, the Coordinator-Development and Community Outreach is responsible for the Coach Development, Community Outreach and Engagement and assisting with Special Events.
Founded in 1911, the GTHL is a non-profit organization which represents more than 40,000 participants annually – the largest minor hockey league in the world. The League is a proud member of Hockey Canada, the Ontario Hockey Federation and Hockey Development Centre of Ontario. Its jurisdiction spans Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan and Markham.
As a key member of the staff reporting to the Manager, Development and Membership, the Coordinator-Development and Community Outreach is responsible for the Coach Development, Community Outreach and Engagement and assisting with Special Events.
Development – Coaching
- Providing key resource support to Manager – Development and Membership and coordinating communications to Board, Development Personnel and to the General Membership.
- Supporting all programs in facilitating activities, including logistics, arrangements, communications, etc.
- Managing and supporting the administration of Development Clinics processes including presentation materials and audio/visual.
- Liaison, advocacy and communications with Hockey Canada OHF/OHF Member Partners, including fostering good working relationships. This will include representation of GTHL, where necessary at Hockey Canada/OHF member Committee Meetings/events, etc.
- Assist in the oversight in the administration of key elements Development Programs, including:
o Player Development
o Respect in Sport
- Providing development opportunities to coaches in the GTA.
- Maintaining records of participants.
Community Outreach and Engagement
- Cultivate relationships with community groups and organizations, schools, community members and industry leaders.
- Develop new participant recruitment initiatives.
- Plan, execute and expand participant recruitment initiatives including Canadian Tire First Shift, Scotiabank GTHL Rookie Camp and the Hockey Canada/OHF Try Hockey Program.
- Providing planning and on-site support for special events.
- Office Operations/Special Projects and Initiatives support
- Assisting with Player Registration processes when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended post-secondary diploma or degree in Sport Administration or related discipline.
- 1-3 years administrative in an association environment.
- Experience or involvement in Sports Management and/or experience working with a Not-For-Profit Organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong organizational skills an absolute necessity
- Supervisory skills
- Decisive and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers
- Knowledge of GTHL rules, regulations, policies, programs
- Knowledge of GTHL Development programs
- Strategic planning
- Dispute resolution
- Computer aptitude, ability
- Understanding Information Management Systems
- Strong written/communications skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 13th, 2018 to:
Peter Kourtis – General Manager
57 Carl Hall Road
Toronto, ON, M3K 2B6
A vulnerable sector police check is required as part of employment. We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.