Founded in 1911, the GTHL is a non-profit organization which represents more than 40,000 participants annually – the largest minor hockey league in the world. The League is a proud member of Hockey Canada, the Ontario Hockey Federation and Hockey Development Centre of Ontario. Its jurisdiction spans Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan and Markham.
As a key member of the staff reporting to the General Manager, Hockey Operations the Coordinator, Officiating is responsible for the recruitment and assigning of officials in the GTHL Rep Program.
This position is a 12-month full-time position with benefits.
Recruitment and Registration
- Identifying candidates to join the GTHL Rep Officiating Program.
- Registering officials for the season.
- Conducting new official orientation training.
- Maintaining records of officials.
Assignment of Officials
- Assigning officials in two week cycles during the regular season and daily during the play-offs.
- Contacting tournaments on a regular basis to start the process of building and submitting their schedules for the purpose of assigning officials.
- Managing the book-offs made by officials during the season that require approval.
Officiating Program Support
- Working with the Referee Supervision Committee to promote officials based on the GTHL grading system.
- Working with the GTHL Supervisors to create challenging assignments to promote development.
Registration – Player and Coaches
- Assisting with Player Registration processes when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recommended post-secondary diploma or degree in Sport Administration or related discipline.
- 1-3 years administrative in an association environment.
- Experience or involvement in Sports Management and/or experience working with a Not-For-Profit Organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong organizational skills an absolute necessity
- Supervisory skills
- Decisive and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers
- Knowledge of GTHL rules, regulations, policies, programs
- Knowledge of GTHL Development programs
- Strategic planning
- Dispute resolution
- Computer aptitude, ability
- Understanding Information Management Systems
- Strong written/communications skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by October 26th, 2018 to:
Peter Kourtis – General Manager
57 Carl Hall Road
Toronto, ON, M3K 2B6
A vulnerable sector police check is required as part of employment. We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.