A list of important dates regarding tryouts, season starting and ending dates, releases, and GTHL tournaments and events can be found here.
Rule 7.15: A person who is registered as a Team Official in one Season may not, without the consent of the Club, Division or Affiliated Group with which such person is registered as a Team Official, be registered or appear on the bench in the immediately following Season as a Team Official for a Team in the immediately higher age division of another Club, Division or Affiliated Group. In the case of Midget and Under 21 ‘AAA’, this restriction also applies to Teams in the same age division.
Dual Coaching: Not permitted unless granted by GTHL Executive Director & COO. A Signing officer from each organization must send their request to be approved.
Approval would not be granted under the following situations:
1) No two AAA Clubs.
2) No two teams, same age group.
3) No two teams where there are conflicting affiliation (ie. MB AA and B AA when either team is affiliated).
Bench Staff Requirements (A, AA, AAA):
Please click here to access our Bench Staff Requirements chart.
* Goalies CANNOT participate as players. Players CAN participate as goalies.
- Minor Atom – can register up to three eight-year-olds. Rule 7.4 * All underage players MUST apply for exemption to play up with the GTHL. The application must be completed through the players Club.
- U21 AAA – can register up to six overagers (20 year-olds). Rule 7.7
- All other age groups do not have any restrictions on number of underage players
- Minor Atom to Peewee – under-age players can register 1 year above their actual age category
- Minor Bantam to Midget – under-age players can register 2 years above their actual age category
Required for GTHL player approval coming from OMHA team to GTHL team:
- Release or LOR PTS depending on division as per LOR Regulations; or waivers if AAA player residing in the OHF outside of the LOR.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Parent Program certificate completed by a parent/guardian
- Registration for the GTHL player registration fee with payment submitted or scheduled
Requires form GTHL player approval from players outside of LOR (AAA ONLY)
- F1 AAA Waivers from appropriate AAA zones
- Birth Certificate
- Parent Program certification completed by parent/guardian
The full list of GTHL regulations can be found in the GTHL Rulebook.
Lake Ontario Region (LOR)
The Lake Ontario Region (LOR) includes Minor Atom to Midget divisions at A, AA, and AAA.
The GTHL is part of the LOR. Its jurisdiction includes Mississauga, Toronto, Vaughan (includes Woodbridge, Kleinburg, Maple, Vaughan, Thornhill West of Yonge) and Markham(includes Unionville, Markham, Thornhill East of Yonge)**.
The OMHA LOR includes:
- Richmond Hill
Extension of LOR (for AAA only)
- Nobleton/King City (Nobleking) – Richmond Hill AAA Zone
- Caledon/Bolton – Richmond Hill AAA Zone
- Whitchurch-Stouffville – Markham Waxers AAA Zone
**Markham jurisdiction is shared between GTHL and OMHA.
All of the OHF Lake Ontario Region Regulations can be found here.
Click here for a full player registration fee guide.