You’re a proven star on the ice, now we want to see what you’ve got in front of the camera! The Holland Bloorview Concussion Centre has put out a casting call for the first-ever GTHL Junior Reporters!
So trade your hockey stick for a microphone and submit your video application by Monday, March 28. You could be starring in our first episode as early as April 9!
Responsibilities of junior reporters:
- Film at various GTHL tournaments and events, beginning April 9 or 10, 2016;
- Work with a film crew and use a microphone to interview players, families, coaches, celebrities, concession stand sales people, Zamboni drivers, etc. about various hockey-related topics;
- Work with a director to review interview questions before filming; and
- Be creative and have fun!
Ideal junior reporters are:
- Confident on camera
- Comfortable going up to strangers and having a conversation
- Creative and engaging
Step 1: Make a 3-5 minute video that includes:
- Your name, age and the team you play for;
- Reasons you want to be a GTHL Junior Reporter;
- Reasons you would make a good Junior Reporter;
- Details about your experience with concussions, either personally or with a teammate, family member, or friend; and
- An interview with someone (it can be a family member or friend) about any topic.
Step 2: Upload your video to Dropbox then email your submission and release form
- Create a free Dropbox account at Dropbox.com
- Email email@example.com with a link to your video and your completed Junior Reporter Release Form
- DEADLINE: Submit your video by March 28 at 11:59 p.m.
Successful candidates will be contacted by April 1. The first event for the GTHL Junior Reporter to cover will be either April 9 or April 10, 2016.