By the Numbers: 2016-17 GTHL Season
With over 500 teams at the A, AA and AAA level, the GTHL regular season is nothing short of busy for parents, players, bench staff, and everyone in-between. To gain a better idea of just how large the League is, here’s a snapshot of the 2016-17 season by the numbers.
- Over 9,000 players made up over 500 teams at the A, AA, and AAA levels
- Tournaments accounted for 36% of all games played
- 78% of games were on the weekend
- Over 70,000 goals were scored
- Any given weekend saw an average of over 400 games played
A further breakdown of the number of games played throughout the 2016-17 season.
None of the games would be possible without all the people who lend their time to the League and the minor hockey community. Here’s how many people are involved in any given season.